November 9, 1938
Dear Journal
I don’t understand why the Nazi’s wanted to terrorize Jewish business, I hate how the Nazi’s think that they are better then the rest of the Germans.
I don’t understand why the Nazi’s wanted to terrorize Jewish business, I hate how the Nazi’s think that they are better then the rest of the Germans.
Today as I was driving home from work, when I saw young men harassing and vandalizing a local store-owner. I saw them throw objects through the window. I began to feel hatred towards them. I noticed the Nazi symbol on their jackets. I saw the owner of the store run outside, screaming for them to stop, the young men laughed as they threw more objects around.
I could still hear them by the time I got home. I was filled with anger, as I grabbed my gun from my desk drawer and sprinted over to the store. I stayed in the shadows so they couldn’t see me. I saw one of the Nazis pick up a rock and whip it at the storeowner. The blow to his head knocked him out. I set off a warning shot into the sky. As soon as the men heard the gunshots they ran like cowards. The storeowner was lying on the ground. I picked him up and carried him inside the store. I waited until he began to come around, to leave. I told him what had happened he looked around his store and began weeping. He was bleeding all down the side of his head, where he was struck with the rock. I stayed with him, and helped him clean up the shattered glass, but there was nothing we could do about the windows. As I was leaving, I heard him quietly sobbing. From that moment I swore that I would do anything I could to fight against the Nazis.
No comments:
Post a Comment