Monday, November 21, 2011

The Violance in the Store Next Door


November 9, 2011
Dear Journal,
         Today I witnessed such injustice. I couldn’t believe something so terrible could happen to someone so nice.
         It was late at night. The weather was very grim. I was sitting alone in my den, reading a book, when I heard screaming coming down the street. I ran towards my window. Young men, they were wearing the Nazi symbol on their jackets, were throwing rocks at through the window, glass shattering everywhere. I was stuck; I couldn’t move away from the spot, I had to know what’s going to happen. The owner of the store came running outside. He had a terrified look on his face. I wanted to help him but I was scared they would come after my family and me next. One of the young men held the owner against the wall, while they began lighting objects on fire and throwing them through the windows. The owner was screaming, struggling to get away from the men. The men got tired of holding the owner back; I saw one of the men pick something sharp and heavy off the ground. The owner was knocked out; his limp body slumped to the ground. I saw a dark shadow moved swiftly through the background. The shadow had a gun and began shooting towards the sky. The young men ran away in the darkness. The shadow came more into the light. I could see it was a young men, I could just make out the anger in his face. He picked up the owner and carried him away. I walked slowly upstairs to my bed, the events of tonight played over and over again in my mind. I had a very tough time getting to sleep after that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment