November 9, 1938
Dear Journal, Tonight was a very horrifying night. As I was about to close down my store, I saw them coming. A gang of young men, they had the Nazi symbols on their clothing. They were yelling insults and screaming. I turned my back as I was grabbing my coat. I heard a defining crash, as an object flew across the room, the glass shattering everywhere.
I ran outside screaming at them, to stop. I could feel the heat rising in my face. I heard laughter; I saw people standing close to my store. I kept thinking to myself “Why don’t they help me?” I grabbed one of the men and tried to make them drop the object. They pushed me back, hatred and anger in his eyes. I could feel my face draining its color. I no longer felt the anger, I felt scared. He threw a rock. I felt the hard object smash into the side of my head. I fell to the ground whimpering in agony. As I was getting up they grabbed me and pushed me up towards the wall. “It’s about time you Jews, that you are no longer accepted in Germany.” The man closest to me screamed. I saw them playing with a match, they lit a piece of paper on fire and threw into my store. I fought to get away from the men holding me back. They laughed and struck me with a rock; I could feel myself losing consciences, my world turning black.
No comments:
Post a Comment